Tuesday 1 January 2013

365 Journal days

 Happy New Year everyone. 

For the past 12 months I have been taking part in Kate Cranes 365 journal challenge here 

Its the first time I have done journaling and its defiantly the longest I have ever stuck with anything!  A whole year!!

Here is the roundup of my year 




 The Olympic torch came through our village....it was great to see the streets lined with people and everyone cheering
 My book started falling apart in Jun so I had to wind some fancy wool around it to hold it all together!


 Nice and 'hot' colours for August....just to remind me that it is actually summer....wettest one for more than 100 years, west country flooded again!

I couldn't resist adding some leaves and apples to September's page....apples are so important here in the west country....cider!  Drink of the gods!!





Then it starts all over again (albeit in a larger journal so I have more room to decorate!)


For those of you who have been thinking of joining in...I can thoroughly recommend it, once the page is decorated each day only takes a minute....and its been great reading through the years enteries and remembering what I have been up to (memory isnt quite what it used to be!!!).

Happy Crafting

Kyla
 

8 comments:

  1. It's brilliant Kyla, absolutely amaze balls. Love that the colours tell the stories of the seasons and most of all that you now have a such a fab fab reminder of w whole year. congrats on that, it's a big routine to commit to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fab, each month's page is so different and appropriate. Happy 2013....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your calendar pages are so very lovely, I'm just new to all this so excited about this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on completing the year! It always feels like such a big accomplishment AND what fun to have your year documented.
    Beautiful pages.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fun seeing all the year's pages!! Jan. is fantastic!! I moved to a larger journal too so I'd have a bit more room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is fun to see the colors people gravitate toward each month. I am excited to take on this project this year and to see such inspiration from fellow alumni is super!
    Happy new year to you
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so much fun to see the whole year....I love your page!! Great work. Happy New Year,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore how you use the boxes to add interesting and fun images. Your art is amazing and the boxes so creative and colorful. Can't wait to see your "bigger and better" new journal.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment