Friday 3 May 2013

A new painting

I hope you have been able to enjoy the sun.....I have given the house a good old blow through and managed to wash the net curtains.....how very middle aged of me!!!

In an attempt to get some crafting done I decided to use some of the painting supplies that my dad was using before he died.
 


The canvas has many layers of acrylic paint and also acrylic inks with some iridescence to add a little shimmer.  

I think dad would have been pleased.

Happy crafting....I now have to clear up the mess before hubby get home!!!

Kyla
 

2 comments:

  1. I think your dad would be in awe of such a beautiful painting, the colurs are beautiful xxx
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did alot of painting when Sarah (sister in law) died, it does help Kyla, especially if you let whatever you feel come and go as you paint without censor, eventually the emotions change and a sense of being back in balance does happen. The colours and the expressiveness in your canvas does give a sense of peace as well as loss and, for me there is still quite bit of pain in there too....but it is beautiful, and not all the things associated with loss and grief are negative. The huge shapes left that are the absence of our loved ones are hard to describe sometimes, your painting does it very well.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment