Friday 16 August 2013

Bargain Mix Media books and inspiration stikes

 Hello peeps.  I hope you have all been keeping well?
Last weekend I had a free weekend (which is rare) and in Bristol we have a book shop where all the books are £2 each! Well imagine my surprise when hubby found a box of American mixed media books hidden under one of the tables!

Now, lets be honest I could have bought most, if not all of them....but I decided to show restraint (yes I did!) and bought these 2 fabulous books-what a bargain.

I haven't had time to browse them properly (I am saving that for my next ultra long bubble bath!!) but it did inspire me to mess up the Room of Shame (odd.....every time I type that I hear it spoken in a deep booming voice!!) and have a go.

This card has a patterned background, toned down slightly with some corduroy DI.  The tag is Dylusions and DI with some water flicked over then some script over stamped with pink DI.

The heart was a piece of watercolour paper which I added ephemera to then scraped acrylic paints over with an old store card and then wiped some gesso over to mute the tones a little.

I then die cut it, stitched round it and added it to the tag with some more stitching and ribbon.

The best part?  I cleared up the Room of Shame (ooh, there's that voice again!!) straight after so its still tidy!

Right, I think I need to have a lie down after all that tidying!

Happy Crafting
Kyla
 

1 comment:

  1. first time here! I like the project for today, that tag is so cute and yes it is so nice to find a nice bargain enjoy them!
    Thanks for sharing. Keep in Touch,
    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment