Sunday 11 August 2013

Blooming Mail Art

Following on from my "Room of Shame" blog post it has taken me 3 days to sort it all out and now its nice and clean and tidy (well my version  of tidy-I will post the pictures for the next WOYWW!) I am somewhat reluctant to mess it up again!  Believe me, it won't last long though.  Once the housework is finished I am hoping I can spend at least an hour in there later today and will finally get a chance to craft (its been TOO long).

 One piece of crafting I have been able to do a couple of weeks ago was transform some of my old and unwanted 12x12 scrapbook papers that I will never use.  

Over on Unrulypaperarts.blogspot.com TrishaToo had a tutorial on how to alter those unloved scrap books papers.  I have lots of them-I buy a lovely pad of papers but there are usually at least half a dozen that just don't float my boat.  Well, TrishaToo had a solution, alter them!
Here is the one she kindly sent me




And this is the one I made as a birthday card (or at least birthday post card) for one of my best friends who is a gardener.

I love the idea of using up previous unloved papers and will be making many more of these.

Right, I need to get some crafting done!
Kyla
 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kyla I know I waste far too much time 'tidying up' too.
    I have a big stash of papers I really should alter..... watch this space, but maybe not just yet. LOL
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, being in the middle of a huge clean out myself, I'm starting to think janet is right about it being a waste of time!

    I'm glad to hear the postcard arrived! Your friend surely adored the one you made, what a great piece of mail art!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment