Wednesday 16 October 2013

Day 2 and 3 of Creative Chemistry 102

 Hello peeps, just a quick catch up with Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 102 course.

As usual, I don't have many of the products but I have tried nearly all the techniques, some are mahoosive fails since I didn't have any similar products but others seemed to work quite well.


 The right hand tag was made with a homemade stencil cut from an image from the sunday papers!



On this tag you can hopefully see the depth I managed to get with embossing with a stencil (I really like this effect).

I do have some rock candy glitter so was able to do this technique (tag on the right) and I loved the 'smudge' technique on the left hand tag.  This gives a real muted retro feel to the tag and one I will definitely be using again.

Several people have mentioned to me that they don't have many Tim Holtz products so decided not to sign up for the course.  I would say if you have distress inks then a lot of the course you can experiment with your own paints etc.  Yes, the results may not be the same but once you have the knowledge you can experiment with other products and brands and see what results you get!

Either way, I have enjoyed the course and its pushed me to try new techniques with some old and forgotten products!

Happy crafting
Kyla
 

4 comments:

  1. Love the tags!! the cogs look fantastic! Helen 13

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your tags turned out beautifully, I was exhausted after the class! But loved every minute of it!

    Robin 117

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with you about experimenting with own paints I have had success with black gesso when black Distress paint was called for. Love your home made stencil, it's worked really well - might have to look at some mags and give it a go!
    ~Kate~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kyla
    it looks like you had a ball doing the Tim Holtz course and you got some fantastic results from it. I didn't know it was happening because I would have loved to have joined in with everyone as I love everything Tim Holtz
    Happy WOYWW have an enjoyable week hugs Ria #22

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment