Monday 3 March 2014

Vintage weekend

Hello peeps, I hope you are all well and had a fabulous weekend?

This weekend we went to a Vintage fair in Swindon.  Now, I grew up not too far from there and haven't been back since I was about 14....well it was not recognisable I can tell you!

The fair had some lovely vintage cars and motorbikes on display and a few stalls (I bought myself a black wool coat that I plan on needle felting some colour onto!).  



During the evening the gigs were inside the shopping arcade-what a brilliant idea for such a large space not in use during the evening.  I think it was the first gig I have ever been to where there was NO booze-I sat in a seat (which was great after being on my feet all day) in Boswells cafe having a cuppa and watching some fabulous acts!

We also found a pop up art gallery, which was brilliant and there was portrait drawing going on in there and also a wall full of artists journals that you could look through-a great idea.

With people walking around all done up from the 30's-50's there were some amazing sights...this won hands down though!


Yep, a chap walking round town with a proper metal helmet complete with chain mail!! No idea why, but why not I say!!!.

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  I am just finishing off making a birthday present from my nan's 90th birthday in a few weeks....but obviously cannot post it on here until she has seen it!!

Happy crafting

Kyla
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment