Saturday 19 July 2014

She sells sea shells

Hello peeps....I hope you have been having a lovely weekend so far?  
I must admit I have decided to stay in this weekend as the weather has been odd to say the least!  It's lovely and hot but we have had lightening storms for the last 3 nights and the last one started at midnight and was still going on at 2pm this afternoon!!!  14 hours later!!  They have given out another with hail and wind as well as the lightening to hit in a few hours!!  This time I will have my camera handy!

The positive side is that between the storms we have been having some lovely warm weather.  Shame that I sit in an office with no external windows near me but at least all the washing has been drying quickly!!

In honour of the lovely weather I thought I would do a beach inspired card.

I stenciled wild honey DI through sequin waste, added the sea shell stamp (a freebie from the cover of a magazine a while ago) and masked the shell a few times and added them to some angelina fibres that I ironed on.  I attached the whole thing with a couple of brads and mounted it on some blue patterned paper which I also added some machine stitching to.

A summery card, just wish I lived near the beach!

I hope you have been able to enjoy the nice weather and happy crafting

Kyla
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment