Saturday 3 January 2015

Knitting needles and brag books

Hello peeps, so here we go again with another roundup of some of the Christmas presents I made this year (looking back I didn't realise I had made SO many!).

This photo isn't brilliant, but its a knitting needle roll that I made my mum.  Its made out of quite heavy upholstery fabric so that it should withstand needles being poked in and hopefully stand up to quite a bit of abuse.

 This is a brag tag book for my Nan in NZ.  Its a chipboard tag mini photo album that my Nan can keep in her handbag and contains recent photos of me, my hubby, brother and his wife too.  The fern leaves are made out of air drying lightweight clay with a Martha Stewart (I think) mould and coloured with Dylusion sprays.


The letters are cut from a cereal box, coloured, glittered and then glossy accents to finish them and make them shine.

 
For family I also made a few more fabric covered notebooks
 

 and another quilted one (these really are a pain to make though as they take me SO long!)

I have more books to cover during 2015 but at the moment I cannot bring myself to make any more as, I think I need to concentrate on another craft for a while!

Happy crafting
Kyla
 

2 comments:

  1. How about infinity scarves? They make up quickly and are very useful at keeping necks warm in this cold weather!! Just a thought!
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, now there's a thought...off to check pinterest out!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment