Sunday 25 January 2015

UFO's and 'Shrooms


I finally have finished a UFO (unfinished object).  I made these leather and suede mushrooms a couple of years ago and wanted to find some wood to drill holes into to mount them.  When my Dad was alive we looked for wood but didn't find anything suitable, but we did find a thin piece of attractive barkThen life happened.

It never occurred to me to use the 2 items together!  It never even occurred to me to attach the mushrooms with hot glue and hang the wood rather than have it on a shelf!  Odd isn't?  I have had all these pieces lying around not being able to see the wood for the trees (so to speak) when suddenly it all fell into place!

Now it hangs pride of place in my dining room, another UFO finished!

Happy crafting

Kyla

2 comments:

  1. Fab finished UFO, bet it looks wonderful on the wall
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these - and what a lovely piece of art to remember your dad by.
    Saw them on Bloglovin' and they real;y took my eye so I had just to come and take a look. So glad I did, this is lovely.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment