Saturday 21 February 2015

An oversized tote bag

Just when you thought it was safe to venture back to my blog here comes ANOTHER bag!

This one I made for my sister in law's birthday.  Its quite big so I thought it would be perfect for her to put folders etc in for work (I often keep a small cross body bag for phones, purse and keys for security and  a large tote for "stuff" so thought this may work if I made the tote larger than usual).


Once again it has iron on fusible fleece between the layers to give it some body and the outer fabric is upholstery fabric so it is quite thick and robust, an inner pocket and 2 pockets on the outside, perfect for tissues, travel card or notebook.

I have also been trying to find a good pattern/instructions for a messenger bag so if anyone can recommend one please let me know.

Happy crafting

kyla
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely bag, Kyla, and what great fabrics. Thanks for your lovely comment - we did have such fun with Shaz and Doug! Your comment was so upbeat and encouraging. Thanks for your good wishes! We lived in Plymouth for 15 years - Weston Mill, overlooking the dockyard. Where abouts is your Mum from? We know Plymouth very well indeed.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment