Friday 24 July 2015

Sunflowers and nail art!

 I thought I would share with you a couple of summery cards I made recently using some free papers from a magazine that I have had hanging around for at least a couple of years!

 Once again I matted and layered the toppers onto scrap card from my now shrinking (and organised thanks to poundland 5x A5 plastic folders to separate similar scraps) scrap box.

Whilst I was in poundland buying the A5 plastic folders (they are clear so you can see what scraps are inside, perfect for organising my bits).  In the beauty section I spotted 5 containers of small caviar like micro beads (like the product you add to texture paste) in a selection of colours. 5 containers for a pound seemed like too good a bargain not to at least try!
 

 

I poured a small mound of glue in the centre of each sunflower and added the paler coloured microbeads first to build some depth then added the bronze ones on top to give the impression of sunflower seeds.

I think it works quite well.  I don't think I would ever put these products on my nails (their intended use) but on crafting projects, seems like a bargain to me.

Happy crafting
kyla
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment