Saturday 14 November 2015

Christmas cards

So after saying I don't usually make quick cards here are some more!!  I must admit I tend to batch make Christmas cards as it just makes life a little easier.
These were made from a topper pack I bought at the NEC, it was a selection pack which you could only see the top and bottom layers in the pack so it was a bit of a gamble-but for £1 it was worth it as they are really good quality.



 I used a blank square card and a micron pen to add some detail around the edges of the card.  Then I added some colour around the edges with TH Distress Inks and highlighted the card with some stickles.


I kept this card much more simple as the toppers were a bit more 'fussy' but I still added some colour around the edges and used the micron pen again to add a border.

I managed to make about six cards in under an hour, not enough but a good start to my Christmas cards (I did make some back at the start of the year after I was inspired by Hettiecraft...but I stashed them somewhere safe and the inevitable happened and  I have NO idea where I put them!!).

Still avoiding making Christmas presents (mainly as I have NO idea what to make-last year I made handbags and fabric book covers so am at a loss for this year) so I may resort to vouchers and having to shop for presents!  If you have any ideas please let me know!!

Happy crafting
Kyla
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment