Sunday 24 April 2016

Silk cocoons


I must apologise for the photo as it's not the best but this is the birthday present I made for my sister-in-law's 40th Birthday (forgot I hadn't blogged it).

I stuffed a dyed viscose ribbon and created ruching and knots at regular intervals.

I then cut dyed silk cocoons and hand stitched them together adding sequins and beads.
 
I attached these with silk thread and viola-the lightest necklace ever (seriously, I have made a lot of necklaces over the years and there is NO weight to these).

It is hard, fiddly work on the hands and takes several days to make but I do love these and have made about half a dozen (most of which I end up keeping as I love them SO much!!).

Happy crafting
Kyla


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment