Friday 24 June 2016

Urban sketching in Malta

I have to admit defeat as I have tried linking my Instagram account to my blog but for some reason the coding refuses to recognise my account so I thought I would blog a few of my latest sketches I have done whilst I was in Malta recently.

The top sketch was at the airport (lets face it you have a couple of hours to get bored so why not paint!) and the second sketch was some of the sayings on the wall at a local vegan cafe in Valletta (The Grassy Hopper).  They had sayings such as "Collect moments not things" and 
"All children are artists the problem is how to remain an artist once you grow up" 

The bottom sketch was a fountain in St Anton Gardens, a beautiful green oasis amid all the dry brown fields at the moment.

The next page shows another sketch of The Grassy Hopper again, but this time the staff behind the counter and the bottom sketch is across the water from Valletta (this is from the swimming hole that the hotel built straight into the sea-I swam off this point several times).
 
The final sketch was a postcard I painted and on the last day decided to post it to my husband (as I was away with my Mum), painted once again from the swimming hole.



My full account can be viewed at:

Not sure why I haven't shared my urban sketches before on this blog, but a friend (waves at Carmen over at http://whoopidooings.blogspot.co.uk/ and also her instagram under the same name) suggested I blog them-so I have.

Happy crafting
Kyla
 

3 comments:

  1. I say thanks to Carmen for prompting you... fabulous pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for blogging them :) I can click on the pictures now and enlarge them for a closer look. Just love these sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for blogging them :) I can click on the pictures now and enlarge them for a closer look. Just love these sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment