Saturday 13 May 2017

sketching hands

Now, I am the first to admit I am not a natural sketcher.  I have never been taught and at school I was never encouraged, but I am bloody minded and was brought up by my parents to be a strong independent individual so I never let the fact that I cannot do something hold me back (after all my favourite saying is "every day's a school day" because I love to learn new things, actually it is my 2nd favourite saying-but that's another story).

So, I took myself off to my local library (I LOVE a library, a place where books are free and DVD's are SO cheap for the latest films, please use your library and don't allow the Government or Council cut their services even more!) and picked up a Jake Spicer drawing book.

I do love Jake Spicer's books as I find them SO easy to follow so I was super excited to find this in the library.

I am slowly working my way through and since I struggle with hands (as well as feet, heads, bodies, hair etc....!) I thought I would try a page of hands.  Not fun to do I admit but I did feel that I had a better understanding of how to approach drawing them should the desire arise!

Have you any drawing tips?  If so I would love to hear them.

Kyla


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment