Monday 1 January 2018

Bristol Urban Sketchers

I am a bit tardy in blogging recently as my "pay the bills job" has once again been ruling my life, something I am hoping to redress in 2018 and get some more balance (especially since my Rheumatoid Arthritis flares are triggered by stress).

One way I find I can detach myself from the stresses of daily life is to urban sketch. These are a couple updates from the last two Bristol Urban Sketchers meetups.

This one was along the floating harbour in Bristol opposite The Thekla, a floating music venue and Bristol institution. 



The December up was in the John Wesley Chapel in the centre of town and their new cafe, a great meeting place, light, airy and some fabulous things to sketch-though I admit I found a comfy seat and sat and sketched right there!


At the end of the sketch we all meet up for drinks/food and share our work.
They are a great group and in the past couple of years I have been taking part I have learnt so much from them.


If you fancy Urban Sketching I thoroughly recommend joining your local group.
Happy crafting
kyla

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Kyla - and happy urban crafting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you joined us, and thank you for the mention! Looking forward to this year's sketchcrawls! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment